https://riveroakshomecare.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/ROH-Logo.jpg 0 0 Riveroaks Homecare https://riveroakshomecare.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/ROH-Logo.jpg Riveroaks Homecare2017-10-15 12:00:052017-10-15 12:00:057 Habits Every Senior Should have.
7 Habits Every Senior Should have.
Seniors can change their lifestyle and start practicing these 7 healthy habits immediately:
7 Habits for Seniors
- Focus on Prevention – Seniors can be proactive in their health by getting regular checkups. Having regular doctor appointments to check things like cholesterol, heart problems, blood pressure and more can alert seniors of problems early on and make them more manageable.
- Get Social – Doing activities with others and being social can help senior’s mental and physical health.
- Keep your mind sharp – Doing mental activities that stimulate the brain will help ward off decline in mental health and keep senior’s mind sharp.
- Be physically active – Mobility can be more difficult with age, but it’s important for seniors to continue to exercise as they age. Regular exercise can help improve balance, flexibility, is good for your heart, and can help improve balance, flexibility, is good for your heart, and can even improve the health of people who are frail or have age-related diseases.
- Pay attention to eyes and ears – Getting annual eye exams and biannual dental exams can help seniors’ overall health.
- Make healthy food choices – Making healthy food choices is important at any age. As people age, making healthy choices become increasingly important. Eating well can help maintain good bone health, wealth, and can reduce the risk of stroke, heart diseases and diabetes.
- Manage Medicines – As people age, they often find themselves on more and more medications. Caregivers can regularly go over medications with physicians to find out any drug interactions.
Download the full document here: 7 Habits for Seniors